Full Spectrum Dominance.
SpecOps is dozens of plugins in one. Inside its easy-to-use interface is a jam-packed armory containing 36 diverse and flexible spectral effects, ranging from subtle to extreme. How you use these potent tools is truly limited only by your creative imagination: transform synthesizer presets with new sonic qualities, add throbbing grunge to drum loops, fatten up instrument tracks, delicately clarify full mixes, or decimate organic instruments and vocals beyond recognition to create one-of-a-kind special effects.
The magic all starts with SpecOps’ powerful analysis engine, which instantly splits your audio into thousands of tiny frequency slices, or “bins,” for real-time processing. You can apply pitch and frequency shifting or a Freeze effect to all bins, but that’s just the start. In a snap, you can add up to three unique spectral effects from dropdown menus for simultaneous use—with each processor applied to a different frequency band! Then compress or expand thousands of frequency bins independently and at once using the Spectral Compander’s simple controls, producing wide-ranging effects from subtle dynamics control to outrageous pumping and distortion. SpecOps’ flagship patchable modulation system lets you apply up to seven built-in modulators—including a powerful 16-step sequencer, input follower, sample and hold noise, macro control and four different LFOs—simultaneously to any and all control knobs and sliders. It even includes support for the ROLI Lightpad, allowing tactile control over three dimensions of parameter movements for on-the-fly production effects and live performance.
The applications are truly limitless and stretch from moderate processing for music production to severe mangling for sound design. SpecOps is your interstellar transporter to new worlds in electronic and experimental music: Tired, static synth pads come alive when you modulate the levels, filtering, pitch, noise or distortion in different frequency bins, creating ever-shifting timbral patterns your preset libraries could only dream of. Don’t own a synth? Freeze audio on an acoustic instrument track and apply pitch shift to create a spectral synthesizer. Experimental music producers and sound designers can use SpecOps’ train-wrecking effects to brutally transform a hi hat track into bursts of alien static or make pristine vocal tracks sound like R2D2 with a sore throat. SpecOps is also an industrial music producer’s destructive weapon: Modulate a frequency-dependent clipper on an electric bass guitar’s track to add nasty bottom-end distortion that pulsates perfectly in time with your music’s tempo.
But for all its brute strength, SpecOps can also be polite—and a problem solver.
Warm up brittle electric guitar tracks by using the envelope follower to modulate SpecOps’ Reverse algorithm. On a full mix, SpecOps can automatically find and attenuate the weakest bass frequencies, clarifying and bringing focus to the bottom end. You can add more power and punch to your mixes while automatically taming unbalanced frequency peaks by using SpecOp’s Spectral Compander to independently compress thousands of frequency bins at once. Or use the spectral Low Pass and noise filters along with pitch modulation to temporarily create thin, flanged breakdowns on full mixes to startling effect.
Yeah, it does all that. SpecOps is a springboard for your imagination!
- Powerful, multi-faceted processing has wide-ranging uses in music production, sound design and live performance
- 36 spectral effects can be applied—three at a time—to different frequency ranges with extremely high resolution
- Spectral effects include filters, amplitude manipulators, pitch and frequency shifters, audio freezers, data compressors, glitchy processors and a clipper—each of which can act on a different, independently adjustable frequency band
- Additional wideband processors—two pitch shifters, a frequency shifter and Freeze effect—optionally process input signal before spectral effects are applied
- Spectral Compander can gently or severely compress or expand dynamics for all other effects—both spectral and wideband—independently in thousands of frequency slices at once
- Analog-style, two-pole Low Pass filter softens high frequencies in plugin’s summed wet output signal
- Continuously variable Mix control blends wet and dry signals, allowing light application of outrageous effects
- Unfiltered Audio’s flagship freely assignable modulation system includes seven built-in modulators—a powerful 16-step sequencer, input follower, sample and hold noise, macro control and four different LFOs—all of which can be routed simultaneously to any and all control knobs and sliders
- Included external patch allows connection to a ROLI BLOCKS Lightpad, which provides tactile control over SpecOps’ control knobs and sliders for studio production and live performance
- High-resolution Visualizer offers six display modes ranging from a basic waveform display to a technicolor array of spectral bins
Supported Plugin Formats
AAX Native, AU, VST2, VST3
Supported Operating Systems
Mac OS X 10.8+
Windows 7 through 10
Pro Tools 10.3.10 or higher or any VST/VST3/AU-compatible host running on a supported operating system
Intel CPU only (minimum 2 GHz recommended)
Intel-compatible CPU with SSE2 instruction set (Pentium 4 compatible or higher; minimum 2 GHz recommended)
Display resolution: 1440 × 900px or 1280 × 960px or higher
Memory: 2 GB RAM
Please note: All Unfiltered Audio plug-ins require a Plugin Alliance account for activation. For more information, click here.